Blah, I Don’t Want To Workout
We all feel like this sometimes, we just don’t feel like sweating, lifting or doing anything related to exercise. You start with the thoughts and excuses in your head, and before you know it, you have talked yourself right out of training. Or, you’ve wasted enough time debating it that you could have been done with an awesome workout in that time.
If you’ve been feeling unmotivated, and zapped of energy, you need to make some changes. If your current routine isn’t helping you feel and perform better, then you probably aren’t getting as much out of your workouts as you could be.
If you’re feeling stuck in a rut, it’s time to make some changes and get refocused.
5 Tips To Regain Motivation and Focus
1. Change the time of day you train for a couple of sessions.
2. Ask someone to train with you outside of the typical class, or gym setting.
3. Grab some gear (barbell, kettlebell, dumbbell) and go train somewhere in nature.
4. Vary your program. Get someone to program for you, or a try a new type of fitness class.
5. Revisit your “why”. Write down all the reasons that you want to train, and how it helps you be a better person. Write down what motivates you and what you want to accomplish.
What do you do when you’re feeling unmotivated? Comment below