You want to know what I think are three very powerful words?
I can choose.
If you’re working on staying more positive, and being more confident, then this post is for you. If you often feel frustrated, annoyed, down, pissed or upset, then it’s important to remember these three words.
Practice saying “I can choose _____”
- I can choose what affects me
- I can choose to go forward with a smile
- I can choose to relax and stay calm
- I can choose to be confident
- I can choose to be positive and optimistic
- I can choose to feel happy and loved
- I can choose to learn from my mistakes
- I can choose to talk my time responding instead of reacting emotionally
Example: Have you ever approached a situation and said, “I hate ____, I suck at it”?
Like, “I hate talking in front of others, I suck at it”, “I hate running, I suck at it” or “I hate cooking, I suck at it”?
Thinking like that is not helping you at all. You are choosing to be negative and to talk down to yourself. That type of thinking and language only hurts you.
You can improve your perspective by choosing to think differently.
Instead, try something like this – “I don’t feel like that’s a strength of mine, but I’m willing to give it a try because I want to get better at it”!
Whenever you feel negative thoughts or emotions coming on, you make a choice.
1.Will you let them continue to take over?
2. Will you fight like hell to improve your mindset?
You can choose.