What is this about?
Who is this site for?
The 8 Mantras
1. We Are SteadfastWe are steadfast on accomplishing what we want out of ourselves and our lives.
- We are willing to work hard, put in the extra effort, and dig deep when it gets tough. We won’t be satisfied until we get the results we want. We are in constant pursuit of our purpose and we seek growth. We are ready to attack the plan, each and every day. We believe we can do anything.
2. We Want To Be Different
We don’t even like the word average.
- We know that you have to think outside of the box in order to get uncommon results both physically and mentally. Normal people sit around and wait for great things to happen (in sport and life), we go out and get it. We are not okay doing the minimum, going through the motions, half-assing our training, or being regular, common or normal.
3. We Have Fun
We chase our passions and we do our best, because we enjoy the process.
- We think that training hard is fun, and competing our very best is really, really fun. We like to break out of the routine, adventure, explore and play. Sure, at times, training will be hard and feel tough, but we remember that we choose to train and compete because it is a passion and it makes us feel alive. Whether we are in the gym or not, monotonous, bored and boring is not what we are about.
4. We Prioritize Stuff That Matters
What’s most important is health (mind, body), close relationships, and making an impact.
- We aim to take great care of ourselves and those around us. Although we may spend a lot of time getting leaner, faster and stronger, we also prioritize what is important (and a lot of stuff just is not). We don’t spend countless hours reading crap on the internet, watching dumb stuff on tv, or hanging out with people that have a negative impact on our well-being. We make time for improving the lives of others and staying connected to people we love.
5. We Understand The Connection
We embrace that fitness is just one aspect of optimal health.
- We understand eating clean, sleep, spirituality, recovery, injury-rehab, relaxation, self-growth & play time are all connected and imperative to our success. We agree to pursue the total package and we know that we can’t be our best without always improving across the board. We understand that we are not perfect, yet we continue to work on each of these aspects.
6. We Focus on The Positive
We see the silver lining and we find a way to be optimistic.
- Negative, no-good-very-bad stuff is going to happen to every single one of us, for the rest of our lives. Injury, let-down, change, sickness, losing and even crazy catastrophies will impact each of us. Other people and coaches will say and do things that make no sense at all. Performances will go wrong and bad days will happen. We don’t spend all of our energy whining about all the factors that we can’t control. We grieve and share our concerns with others(*), but we bring our focus back to the factors we can control. We live better this way.
7. We Seek Knowledge
If there is something we don’t know, we want to learn about it.
- It doesn’t have to be a formal degree, but we are hungry for more. We become better athletes and individuals by reading, taking a class, trying new things and asking questions. We stay open-minded. We don’t just go along with what every book or website says about how to get the results we want. We questions methods, coaches and look for a way to learn from every situation. We know that we have to be constantly open to learning and being coached in order to be our best.
8. We Embrace Challenge
We welcome the hurdles and barriers in fitness and life.
- We know that anything that comes with a challenge, is something that is going to be worth pushing through. We welcome those uncomfortable situations. We don’t shy away from trying new things or taking chances. We know that to be leaner, stronger, faster, and better at life… we are going to have to overcome. It will always be worth it.